Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Monday, July 4, 2011

#124 a house fit for a fairy

I have wanted to go to Monhegan Island to visit the fairy houses for years... I thought it might make the perfect ending to our Maine vacation, but when I thought about the logistics, I thought perhaps Mackworth Island would be a better fit. So we ended our fabulous trip to Acadia by visiting, and building fairy houses. Like the shirt my daughter brought home with her, Life is good.
(mine is the one with the shell flower, Adriana's is the fabulous one with the great birch bark cover, Ray found it for her, boy was I jealous! What a perfect home for some fairies...)

1 comment:

  1. I remember building fairy houses with Maddy in a certain section of our garden...every once in a while the fiaries would leave a gift, a shell, a little flower bouquet, even a little braided bracelet once. She took it so seriously, often writing letters to the fairies....what a lovely thing to do. We came straight home, but to two very excited dogs!

    ReplyDelete