Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Sunday, June 12, 2011

#104 portraits of childhood...

This is a work in progress... but when I scanned in these two silhouettes I loved the way they looked together, and decided that this was it for today. Adriana does not play the trumpet, although she wanted to, she's the lucky owner of her grandfather's. It makes an ungodly noise when she plays it, but she is actually improving I must admit. She's working on Taps. The violin was the instrument for this year, but I don't think it will be continuing into her future... sadly...

As I'm a fan of blogs that tell me how to do things, here's a quick tutorial!
Creating silhouettes: Take a profile image against a light or white background, I used the doorway and the shower curtain! In Photoshop, I adjusted the contrast a little and then made it black & white. I printed it and cut it out very carefully with tiny scissors (the violin image I needed to do some of the detail work w/an Xacto knife). I then turned the image upside down so it was the plain white background and scanned it with a black piece of paper behind it. How easy is that? And wait, there's more fun to come!!!!

1 comment: