Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Sunday, June 5, 2011

#96 Solitude



I've always wanted to try encaustic painting, and I'm getting closer. I've bought myself a book (the International Encaustics Conference is in P-town this week, which started up my need to try it again, of course it being a very busy time at my studio, I didn't sign up for any of the classes, probably should have anyway!) So yesterday, I just did a little beeswax painting. Man did my art room smell soooooooo good, still does this morning actually! There were moments last night that I loved this image, by the time it was done I was certainly less enamored with it! So although this is supposed to be a journey using supplies I've already got, I can't use those big hunks of beeswax until I get a little resin, seems okay to me!

1 comment:

  1. this is cool, edgy and a little brooding. Never tried encaustic painting...can we put it on our list when I visit this summer? We could accidentally buy some resin...I'm sure they would have it at the stop & shop....

    ReplyDelete