Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Friday, June 3, 2011

a promise


I have decided to stop taking this art thing as yet one more thing to do today and embrace it with a more relaxed attitude.  I love making stuff, I love this blog, and I need to remember that.  So, I promise to smell the flowers along the way on these beautiful days and create as I can.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you sister. Embrace the art! Let the art embrace you!
    (perhaps Ray is right and I am a little loopy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of days ago when I was ready to give up, I decided to change our description from 'creating art everyday...' to 'creating art, or at least creating, everyday...' and I've been much more creative, happy & inspired! I don't create art everyday, but I do create everyday. I just hated feeling guilty everyday that no 'art' had been made, I always felt like I had to apologize, you know?

    ReplyDelete