Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Saturday, June 18, 2011

#109 & 110 1st and 2nd

In 1st Grade, Adriana had Mrs. Drake, her favorite teacher to date. I remember going for our first parent/teacher conference with her, and expecting all glowing remarks about my amazing, talented child. Instead, Mrs. Drake told me how most days she was that same fabulous child I was expecting to hear about, and other days she thought I'd fed her pure sugar for breakfast she was so wild & keyed up. I think my jaw literally dropped. She's just a normal kid after all!
2nd grade was when she learned about the Saguaro, our visit to Arizona when we got to see one was one of my way early projects. Adriana made this really sweet Saguaro hotel with all the birds and animals that call the big giants home.

No comments:

Post a Comment