Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, June 1, 2011

#93 daisy chair

A couple of weeks ago this chair was at the swap shop, I knew it needed to come home with me and live at the studio. Turns out it's from sometime between 1930 and 1935, kind of cool. It was caned, and the caning was ripped to bits (it had been previously re-caned). Learning to cane is not on my list of things to do, so I had Ray make a new seat for me which I covered with my same felted (or fulled if you prefer) sweater from the other day. My photo was going to be my lovely daughter with the new seat and my braided rug, but she's a girl and sometimes girls are a little tricky. So it turns out to be a portrait of a chair. When I got home from Adriana's violin concert I decided it still needed a little something, so I felted a daisy for the corner. Now I'm thinking it might live with me instead of my props.

1 comment:

  1. It's just fabulous (and you've made great use of that old sweater - this is recycling at it's best!) I like how it's so personal; you took this forlorn object and gave it a new (and happy) look.

    ReplyDelete