Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Sunday, May 1, 2011

#62 Xochicalco



This is a kit I bought in Mexico, not quite paint by numbers, although it was close! You had to use "paste" to cover the board and copy the image with carbon paper, but it took me all day, and I don't care that perhaps it didn't require much creativity on my part. I was happy as a clam painting away, and I'm really happy that I finished it. The 'stamps' are images I took in Xochicalco ('in the place of the house of flowers') although the panel is from Teotihuacan (which I had to miss in order to go to Frida's house, tough choice...) I'll just have to go back!

At the swap shop today we found some fun new dictionaries, I picked up Sophie's Choice so when I'm ready so is it, and a bunch of travel books, Adriana chose Australia, I went for South America and India... all we need now is a little extra time, and a whole lot of extra money!

1 comment:

  1. Maddy always chooses Australia, too. Must be the lure of the koalas...
    I think this is great and such fun that it was kit to make (i love kits!)very colorful, really has a mexican feel to it...muy bien, Sarita.
    Look at us - two months down!

    ReplyDelete