Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, May 4, 2011

#65 a single boat




It's been ages, probably years, since I've created a Polaroid Image Transfer. I used to teach classes & workshops on them for quite a few years, I even once taught at my old high school which I loved! But then Polaroid left us empty handed, and my equipment got put away, until today, when I found a couple of packages of unopened film. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting anything great, it's wicked old, and Polaroid is quirky enough without sitting around for years in hot, humid basements! Not to mention the transfer part, which is way more than half luck on a good day! A lot of the fun was pulling out my slides which I haven't looked at for the same amount of time, I visited England, San Francisco, Puerto Rico, and even Cape Cod for a little while this evening... (The boat is from a little town in the New Forest, the red lines & colours at the top are actually reflections of other boats in the water).

...And then I slowly pulled back that piece of film and *deep sigh* remember why I was so hooked all those years ago...

1 comment:

  1. gogeous. I have always loved your image transfers. And love hearing (reading) about what they remind you of.

    ReplyDelete