Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Tuesday, May 3, 2011

a canterbury tale...


I remember visiting Canterbury Cathedral and the beautiful town that surrounds it - I guess I'm on a medieval cathedral kick right now - I was walking through, marveling at the stone architecture, listening to the quiet surrounding me, loving the calmness, loving the coolness, and suddenly, my 3 year old son yells out a loud sound, not a word, not a scream, just a large sound.  I don't remember what it sounded like - what I do remember is that he LOVED hearing his voice resonate throughout the hallowed space, and he kept yelling that sound out, over and over and over, the entire time I was walking him out of the cathedral.  And it's a loooong walk out!  Not sure if I can show my face there again yet - is 20 years enough time to have passed?

1 comment:

  1. a truly inspiring card... I believe it may have been Canterbury Cathedral where I got the hiccups, those really loud uncontrollable ones!

    ReplyDelete