Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Sunday, May 1, 2011

are you lucky if your joyous? or joyous if you're lucky?


Let me start by saying that I love Amy Tan.  Anytime someone asks me for a book recommendation, she's always high on my list to share enthusiastically.  I have read all her novels, and I think The Hundred Secret Senses is probably my favorite, followed very closely by The Joy Luck Club.  I surrounded Amy with little mahjong tiles and a beautiful red color to celebrate the richness of her writing.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, I love Amy Tan too... This is another of your cards that ranks right up near the top as an absolute favorite, red, being a lucky colour too is perfect, the tiles are perfectly arranged, everything flows together, the design, the butterfly, couldn't be any better!

    ReplyDelete