Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Monday, May 30, 2011

#90 Wisteria by night

I opted to watch The King's Speech rather than use that time creating, so once again, albeit by choice, I was trying to get it together at the last minute.


Decided it was another venture into painting with light, this time using the flashlight to 'paint the subject with light' rather than write with light. I love Wisteria, think it's one of the more romantic flowers going, Ray gives me such a hard time about ours. Only the one side is happy & prolific, the other side struggles a bit, but I love them equally and don't mind that the entire thing's a little wonky. I think it's beautiful. And through the painting and movement and inability to really focus very well, takes on a lovely, ethereal feeling. Bring this image into Photoshop for a little post production, and I think it could be really lovely. Maybe a project for one of my next 275 days.

1 comment:

  1. I love wisteria, too. I don't know why I don't have any at my house (note to self...buy a plant!) but your entrance way always looks beautiful and welcoming! The flashlight painint works really well.

    ReplyDelete