Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Monday, May 16, 2011

#77 the boats



This is a Polaroid SX 70 manipulation I did ages ago, that I scanned and coloured today... To create the image, it's the type of film that pops out of the camera 'weeee eeeeh' and while the image is developing you actually move the emulsion around, creating a sometimes funky, sometimes ethereal kind of effect... I never got much of a chance to play with these before they stopped making the film, and when they were making it, I never could afford much of it at a time!!! The original was a slide I took in England at the New Forest, same time as 'a Single Boat'

2 comments:

  1. all I manipulated originally was the sky & the water to draw attention to the boats... but after colouring it all with pencils, it's hard to see where I worked the image...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - otherworldly! Looks like if you hopped into one of these boats you'd be sucked into a whirlpool and end up in a land of colorful everything!

    ReplyDelete