Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Thursday, May 5, 2011

Artfully yours

 I found this Most Excellent and Tragical History of Arthur, King of Britain, front page from a Shakespeare book in this week's book review.  I came home from work feeling fairly poorly (my daughter just had finished up with the stomach flu, and it's been gurgling around my system all afternoon) so I thought I'd skip my art today.  But this little picture sparked me and I collaged a stained glass picture around King Arthur...I love the way it came out, it's like being surrounded by sea glass (and we LOVE sea glass, don't we sister?).  I think I'm going to play around with this idea more.  But for now, I think I'll get back on the couch with my ginger ale.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, and oh yes, we do love our seaglass!!! K.A. looks great surrounded by glass, think you're right, it's definitely an idea to keep for future exploration!!!! Hope you're feeling better xoxox

    ReplyDelete