Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, May 4, 2011

hooray for the yayas!

Not long ago my daughter bought home The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood from her 8th grade classroom bookshelf.  I was surprised, is this what 8th graders are reading now?  I had thought it a bit mature thematically but she loved it; she laughed out loud, she shared passages, she was touched and troubled by the events that occurred in the lives of the YaYas.  I remember feeling that was when I read the book, as if you were revisiting old friends.  And, like my daughter, was sad to see the book end. 

1 comment:

  1. I love these stories of how you & Maddy share these books, how lovely for you! (& her!) The little girl with the crazy hair is precious, so funny, this is such fun!

    ReplyDelete