Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Tuesday, May 10, 2011

#71 Thatched village v2



So all I was doing was lightening the oil a little, I just wanted to soften it a bit as it was drying while I was trying to figure out what I was doing today. Well, softening turned into pretty much removing (the problem w/using non-fibre based prints for colouring, it all wipes off pretty darn easily), next thing I knew, other than the acrylic painted windows & doorway, and dyes across the bottom, it didn't look much different than when it started. On my own behalf, I totally wasn't altering the same image two days in a row, but turns out I did. Today's effort was with dyes, so it's pretty much staying at least this colour this time!!!! (and I prefer it by far...) What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Just love these...definately would like to visit the COrnish cream colored cottages! The new paint job really adds a vintage feel to the photo, too...like it was taken in the 20's not the 90's (80's?). Reminds me a bit of the dollhouse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like my last comment was erased by Blogger - sorry, Sarah!
    I think I said something like "I adore the Cornish cream color and would love to ffind myself walkign down this street" and I also said "fantastic" and I thought the photo had a real 1920's feel to it. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete