Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, April 6, 2011

#37 - S - I - L - H - O - U - E - T - T - E

I can't even think the word silhouette without Adriana's little sing songy S I L H O U E T T E - it was one of the first big words she learned to spell (I think in the second grade...)


Taught a portrait workshop tonight to the Cape Cod Viewfinders, great fun, think it went over well... I'm as goofy when I speak as when I blog or anything else... Didn't get home until 10, so I was completely finishing this ATC I've almost got finished, but... in total Sarah fashion couldn't find it!

While searching, I found this silhouette of me from a few years back... I think it was a Martha Stewart thing, take profile photos on Polaroid 600 film (now you know it's been a while!) and then cut them out and use the (black) back side and voila, a perfect silhouette (double chin? oh darn, I cut that a little closer to the jaw line than I meant to!) Was making a matching pair of me & Adriana (Adriana & I?) for our dollhouse, but (now here's a huge surprise) I can't find hers!!!!! (Adriana's was a silhouette we'd had done at the fair when she was little, know it's in the front of a book somewhere, which book, yeah, no idea).

1 comment:

  1. So is this teeny tiny? Very sweet; I have one photo in a vacation scrapbook that I took the "slimming" liberty on my torso! LOL!

    ReplyDelete