Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Sunday, April 24, 2011

#55 - Alice

Happy Easter. I started this collage this morning, and after everyone had left and we'd cleaned up all of the mess, I went back to it... everything I tried to add I didn't like... so it stays the way it started this morning... simple...


I took this photo of Adriana wearing the aforementioned Queen of Hearts dress made by our Nanna on my old cell phone at the pumpkin patch! I came across it yesterday, and couldn't resist it!!! You'll see her again in it, I'm sure! The book the page is from is one from my collection, it was given as a Christmas gift in 1919!!!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute. Reminds me of Maddy wearing that dress on a page from Alice ... only mine wasn't 1919 I don't think - it had those wonderful Rackham illustrations (which is why I bought the book, to make something for you with it but thus far I only have made Maddy in Wonderland!) We should have you in the costume, and me, and mimi...thank you Nanna for this wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: my Alice page starts with "off with their heads"! How funny we even use similar pages - if we weren't 3.5 years apart, I would swear we were twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to add a speech bubble that either was going to say "Can you play croquet?" or "Are their heads off?" both most amusing to me, but indecision played a big part in it's final lack of decoration!

    ReplyDelete