Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Saturday, April 9, 2011

Just a little curious.


 My Roald Dahl loving son also adored Curious George, much to my surprise.  It took me a long time to warm to the naughty little monkey!  When I found the picture of George and the inkwell, I immediately knew that the ink would flow down over the Reys...poor H.A. - something weird happened while I was painting - two drips of water? gesso?  somehow got on each side of his glasses, making him somewhat cross eyed (I don't believe he was in real life!) so he looks a bit goofy.

1 comment:

  1. We also adored George, Adriana has a bunch of books, he always tickled our funny bone... as your card does, absolutely spot on... couldn't be Georgier if you tried!

    ReplyDelete