Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Saturday, April 16, 2011

fell flat today

I have had a million things to do today and I still haven't done them all - so I was at the forget about it point but it made me too guilty to think I hadn't created today (I've done laundry, tidied, made a new room for my sister's visit, driven my daughter all over, and I am so ready for bed but my bed is in pieces as I type..).  So, for my sanity, I've posted Flat Stanley (colored by yours truly) on the Appalachian Trail in New Hampshire.  We hiked part (a good sized part) of the Presidential Range and took Stanley along for our adventure - when the wind wasn't blowing and the sun was shining I was able to take this photo...sadly, Stanley lost an arm on this adventure, but trooper that he is, he made it all the way home with little complaint.  Now, I am going to produce some real art, 'cause this was really cheating!  But I did draw it, and I did color it, I did style & photograph it, just not today...

1 comment:

  1. It's lucky we dig Flat Stanley, and have sent him on our own travels... really like this!!! How lucky he got to go on that fabulous vacation!

    ReplyDelete