Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, April 27, 2011

speaking of cappers...


When my sister and I were young, one set of grandparents was in London, the other in their little stone cottage in Cornwall.  The drive between them was long but I always knew we were getting close when my mom would point out the Jamaica Inn.  The rough, craggy Cornwall coastline was home to Daphne du Maurier's books, and although I've never read Jamaica Inn, I feel like it's been a part of my life forever.

3 comments:

  1. I can remember mom always saying, "Ja-a-ma-ai-ca Inn-nnn" because of the creaky sign!!! I have read the book, but guess I have to add it to my ever lengthening list, because I don't remember much other than the creaking! This reminds me of Ladies in Lavender... Let's at least buy a little stone cottage in Cornwall so we can summer there again when we're old & gray...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! And we can keep our eyes open for gorgeous young men who wash ashore...is Johnny Depp a strong swimmer?

    ReplyDelete