Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Saturday, April 30, 2011

#60 through this window...



In 1981, I was looking through this window at the Union Jacks we'd put all along the hedgerow out front to celebrate the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. We watched the entire thing of the telly, but at least it was at a decent time of day! One of my favorite things that day were the little metal caps on the milk bottles delivered to the door that morning were printed with "HRH Prince Charles to Lady Diana" or something, know I have one somewhere, I'll have to go on a hunt for it!

When I came across this photo of Capper's kitchen window I was immediately transported there... (I also have images of the milk bottles too, so keep your eye out for them!)

2 comments:

  1. what a shot! What memories, too, just loved Manhay Cottage and those quirky peeps who lived there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, it's been really fun digging through all of these old photos that I'd forgotten I had even taken! Like this one, that when I got home, was just a silly photo of the kitchen, didn't even make it out of the envelope it came back from the lab in. I had no idea what it would mean to me almost 30 years later...

    ReplyDelete