Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Friday, April 29, 2011

choices...


This week's NYT Book Review highlighted a memoir about William Styron written by his daughter.  We recently read Sophie's Choice for book group and I was taken aback at how autobiographical the character Stingo was ... and Stingo was rather foul in the story.  I think it might have tainted my memories of him after reading the book! The Styron's Connecticut home is around the corner from my house, so many afternoons I'd pass Bill Styron walking along, with or without a dog.  He was always friendly but never really looked cheerful.  In Stuart's baby book I have an envelope (that once contained a generous savings bond) welcoming "Stewart" to the world.  It was simply signed, in blue sharpie, Bill Styron.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I think I'm going to have to stop creating every day, my book list is getting too long for me to control. This is yet another I need to re-read... I love the way you incorporate all of the different elements into this one... and again a great photo of him, so intense.

    ReplyDelete