Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Sunday, April 10, 2011

We'd better be brave!


I found this photo in the newspaper and it stuck with me - when I glued it down and looked at it closely, all I could think of was Brave New World by Huxley.  I imagine, for our younger generations, they will have to be brave to face the messes we're going to pass along to them.  Sorry for being so maudlin today...I did photograph the card on some baby kale greens waiting to be planted...adding a little hope to the image!

3 comments:

  1. This is great, I can see why the image 'spoke' to you... it makes me think of that photo of dad in his gas mask... it'll show up one day I'm sure.
    Hope the baby kale greens grow happy & healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you bring some of these photos of the Thorningtons with you? I surely have never seen one of dad in a gas mask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll make you copies of them all...

    ReplyDelete