Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Monday, April 4, 2011

a new age prophet


I have no idea who Jose Argueller was.  Well, I know from his obituary that he was a new age prophet/author who organized gatherings around the world in the 70's.  And I know he had a great interest in all things Mayan (like I do) but especially in the Mayan Prophecy (funny, I don't share that interest).  So I gave this unknown (to me) man a card; a little hippie-ish -  full of sun and Mayan symbols.  The tiny symbols bring me right back to Belize, climbing up temples and seeking out ruins deep in the jungle.  One morning I even sat atop of a ruin, facing Guatemala, sun on my back, sketching the stone carvings surrounding me and barely believing that this was my life! Thanks, Jose, for bringing those terrific memories back.  It's funny what a little trigger can do.  Wonder how much those plane fares to Central America are right now?

1 comment:

  1. This is very cool. Like it & the visual of your memories... lovely. Of course, it's a good thing we don't buy into the Mayan calendar or this year of creating would be, well... our last... *insert wry smile here*

    ReplyDelete