Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Friday, April 8, 2011

She's a master!

I kept wanting to add more to this card but couldn't really decide what - all I could think of was that old Saturday Night Live clip with Dan Ackroyd as Julia Child and was so distracted by those memories of the giant flesh wound that I found it difficult to add anything else! (maybe that's why my color choice is so red... )  The base of the card is Julia's recipe for Boeuf Bourguignon from The Art of French Cooking.  In book group we read about Julia Child - I found her fascinating. 

2 comments:

  1. Even went to youtube to watch the video again - it's still as funny (and macabre) as the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually saw it not too long ago, must have been some 'best of' special, laughed out loud! This is great, love the images you chose of Julia, she just seems so darn determined all of the time! I'd love to read about her, I can imagine she is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete