Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Friday, April 15, 2011

#46 - 16 tiles of inspiration {one}



Many years ago, we were tiling a window sill and my husband, Ray, bought a set of tiles he just knew I would adore. They were about 3x3 and came in a sheet of 16. Kind of light blue with explosions of other blue in the glaze, I couldn't stand them. Thought they were hideous. Uggh*. (The sill remains un-tiled, and un-finished to this day). But I kept them, because well, that's what I do. I'll make something with them. But of course, everytime I looked at them I thought, ugghhh... Yesterday I was reading an article about an artist's studio, and she had on her wall a collection of images that inspired her. So I thought to myself, that's what I'll do with those nasty little tiles... So today it's these beautiful foxgloves from my garden, I find much inspiration in the beauty of flowers. Would have been way more inspiring, except I got home from a seminar this evening after 10, so it's kind of rushed. I've decided I can revisit anything at anytime if I feel like it, because I hate feeling like I'm not done all of the time.

Oh, & P.S. *(Marla who has some of the best taste in anyone I know, liked them, so perhaps he could have been right).

1 comment:

  1. No blue there - I love the green and I love the foxgloves (don't you feel like an extraordinary gardener when the foxgloves bloom? Once you find them, that is! Ours hope all over the place!) Great tiles, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete