Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Now we are six.

The poem swirling around A.A. Milne's head is "The Friend" and it stars Christopher Robin & Pooh.  I am sorry you can't read it easily as it's very sweet; it may just be time to invest in a camera that I can take photos closer than 3 feet away without blurriness!  You can hardly see tiny Piglet resting on his shoulder!
When I was a little girl, I can remember my mother reading to me from one of A.A. Milne's book of poems.  My favorite always was "Now We Are Six", I loved it for it's childish simplicity, and, rereading it today, I found I still knew the poem by heart.  The one my mother always read to me was "The Good Little Girl", with the refrain "Have you been a good girl?" repeated multiple times - I wonder if she was trying to give me a hint?

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for A.A. Milne, and Pooh and Piglet... This is lovely, such a sweet poem (I googled it!) Love the way Christopher Robin is lying along the poem...

    ReplyDelete