Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Tuesday, April 26, 2011

#57 - Callanish {one}


When I was a teenager, I saw a watercolour painting of the Callanish stones in the Outer Hebrides at Capper's house, and I couldn't wait to get there. I have some great Callanish stories, but todays is simply this. I had been wanting to get there for so long (over two decades), when I came up over the hill and the massive stones were in view for the first time I literally cried I was so overcome by emotion.

(my house isn't going to have a b&w left in it this time next year!)

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous - love the sky! love that you were moved so much by this place, too. x

    ReplyDelete