Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Saturday, April 23, 2011

the black spot

Treasure Island is one of those wonderful old stories that have you hooked from the first page...I wish I had more hours in the day to devote just to reading; the time I spend seems most inadequate - I read at bedtime with my mighty book light and fall asleep quite easily.  Of course, I wake up later with a cramp in my arm from holding the book at some oddly adjusted angle, my eyes too blurry to read on.  Some mornings, I think I can squeeze a little reading time in between walking the dog and washing my hair.  Inevitably, I am late for work or for whatever the day holds in store.  But I am not thwarted!  I will fit reading in, whether it be waiting for my daughter's dance class to finish or over leftovers at work, and it's all because of treasures like Treasure Island that cleared this path of devotion!   

1 comment:

  1. I've actually been rummaging through my boxes of books still waiting to come out of storage because of all of your author cards... You make me want to read or re-read so many books!
    Great card, love how you photographed it on a map, perfect! I'd asked if you were making this one for my birthday because you got Elton John, I got Robert Louis Stevenson...

    ReplyDelete