Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Thursday, March 17, 2011

#17 - They're changing guard at Buckingham Palace

AA Milne is a favorite in our family, and this poem has been recited more times than I could even begin to count... The last time we saw the changing of the guard, Adriana was 3, it was February, and of course they were in their winter wool, a fun thing to do for sure! These were the leftover photos that didn't make it into the scrapbook of the trip!


I've decided to change my project, 16 days done, typical Sarah! Although creating something every day is not a particularly easy task, I've been taking the easy way out of it... Marla had it right from the beginning, doing a theme, she is challenging herself, and will, at the end of the day, get much more from this project.

So if I want to create things with my photographs, that's what I shall do. Starting today, (I know, we didn't start today!), I am going to start on my new theme. I have to incorporate photography - silly me, why didn't I just start out that way? 6 of my 16 projects work, so we'll see how I go as we wind down next February, maybe I'll extend by 10 days, maybe I'll just go with what I've got... I am going to use other photos than my own though, as I have a lot of ideas for my family photos which I didn't take... So it's a generic, photography must be incorporated. Imagine it'll be mostly mine. Sure it'll be mostly my daughter!!!

2 comments:

  1. THis is terrific, Sarah. I love to constrast of the photos with the lowkey background...wonder if Kate would reconsider if she saw the state of Buckingham Palace! There were no guards doing their thing for Maddy ... she only saw closed gates! But the flag was flying -maybe the queen saw her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor Kate, she's probably just thinking about how hungry she is... perhaps we should introduce her to the caterpillar...

    ReplyDelete