Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Sunday, March 13, 2011

Baked beans on toast.

When The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver came out in the late 80's, I knew I found an author who would never let me down in her storytelling.  I was right, I have adored everything she's published and she's always on my recommendation list.  Sorry about the beans on toast reference, Barbara...comfort books should be paired with comfort food, don't you think?  And in our family, beans on toast (with or without scrambled eggs) and a hot cup of tea have always been comforting.

1 comment:

  1. I was comforted by the title alone, knew I would love the post before I even saw it! How many gazillions cups of tea have we shared together, sister? This is great, love the colours and the feeling of the card... Sadly, don't remember the book that much, remember I loved it, maybe it's time to revisit it!

    ReplyDelete