Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Saturday, March 26, 2011

This one's for my sister...

So lately I've been a little at a loss, my author cards have been uninspiring me but I am determined to keep going.  Yesterday I was reading Sunday's NYT Book Review (finally...had to fit it in before this Sunday!) and saw there was a new book coming out about the artist Mondrian.  My "literary link" would be the book about the artist, I was all set.  There was a great photo, in a perfect cube shape...brilliant!  I could incorporate it into a Mondrian-style painted card.  I went online and looked at different images, found one I liked and I was set to go.  With one exception - it wasn't a new book about Mondrian, it was about Modigliani (the guy who paints mostly women with really long faces).  Oh no!  Right then the phone rings and it was my lovely sister.  I relate my woes and she just laughs and tells me it's just funny; why not make a Mondrian/Modigliani card?  Why not, indeed?  So this is for you, Sarah!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Art is all about being yourself, and going out on a limb sometimes. I think the whole Mondrian/Modiglliani thing is quite the limb!!! & the card is very cool...
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo appreciate Modrian now. Do you know how hard it is to paint straight lines and cubes? (very!) and mine kept getting less straight here, straighter there...nightmare!

    ReplyDelete