Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Monday, March 7, 2011

The Good Earth

The Good Earth is one of my all time favorite books.  Pearl Buck paints such beautiful pictures with words and once you start reading her writing, it's difficult to put down.
My husband & I once stopped at an inn in Danby, Vermont, and were told that the entire town was once owned by Buck. She had big plans for the little town - she wanted to turn it into a living museum.  We ate at a fabulous restaurant there - I had the most delicious moussaka - I wonder if it's still there?

2 comments:

  1. I've never read The Good Earth, but have to now, and then I'll have to go to Danby... I am loving this series, they're really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of neat to see them all piling up now - I've never worked on one idea like this. I do like the fact that they're small so it's easier to finish one! Try the Good Earth - I know you'll love it...that is if you've got time to read these days!

    ReplyDelete