Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Sunday, March 6, 2011

Maddy in Wonderland


Anyone who knows my sister knows she loves Alice...and through her enthusiasm I've grown to love the iconic art of Alice in Wonderland in it's many forms.  I adored the book and have read it out loud to my kids (many parts left them wondering: why are you laughing?).  My daughter's dress in the photo is a family heirloom - it was made by our grandmother for our mom and has been worrn by me, Sarah, our girls, and perhaps even my son Alex!

4 comments:

  1. WOW Mom i really like this photo!
    Did Alex really wear this dress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know Alex...:) I don't think he actually wore it but I'm sure he would have if it allowed him to run around the house shouting "Off with his head." !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally picture Alex running around saying that... think I might have video somewhere... lol... could totally be true, one certainly wouldn't put it past him!

    LOVE this, it's just perfect... especially love the shoes! Maybe I'll have to make a matching one of Adriana in the dress... hmmm... many days... fab idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could do the series - mothers & daughters!

    ReplyDelete