Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Saguaro


It's been forever since we went to Arizona (summer of '09), but Adriana (my daughter) had been studying the Saguaro just prior to our trip, and on our first day what do we find but this fantastic Saguaro, in bloom no less... Had planned to create something amazing for her, instead, it's getting late, and this is what I've got! *giggling here* It's not actually done, but it's what I've got for today. I made the bottle cap push pins with images I took of the petroglyphs, considering that was going to be today's creation, I'm not displeased...

2 comments:

  1. Saguaro is the Marilyn Monroe of cacti, isn't it? You can't help but stare at it's beauty. I love this collage - you really capture the feeling of the West! And the petroglyph thumbtacks? Inspired! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left it in Adriana's room for her, so when she woke up she found it, she was so excited when she found she got to keep it!
    I love that, the Marilyn Monroe of cacti, that might make one of my days!!!

    ReplyDelete