Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Thursday, March 17, 2011

Three cheers for Sherman!

Earlier in the week I has the true pleasure of hearing Sherman Alexie speak at a local university.  I went with one of my daughter's teachers, much to her horror, so as any mother of a teenager knows, I'm pretty much sworn to secrecy about it.  He wrote (among many other things) a fantastic novel about growing up on an Indian Reservation.  I was so taken by his talk, sometimes hilarious, sometimes poignant, but mostly true, like his his brilliant The Absolutely True Story of a Part Time Indian.  The altered background is from a photo I found of the Spokane Reservation where Sherman Alexie grew up.

1 comment:

  1. How great that you got to hear Sherman Alexie speak, I love his work. His books were our 'town' books last year, think I told you that, I never made it to any of the talks or events but enjoyed the reading! I like how there's so much emotion portrayed in this card, just like his work.

    ReplyDelete