Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Is it spelled correctly?


In this day and age of "did you google that"? I decided that the creator of the dictionary should be included in my author pages.  Spelling seems to be so much easier than when I was growing up...Microsoft underlines a mispelled word, dictionary.com gives it multiple definitions and google does everything else.  But I love a dictionary best!  I have a great old discard with wonderful illustrations - now that's a book!  Sorry about the bright read ink, Noah - I thought it would be a little more subdued, but hey, at least you got a card!

2 comments:

  1. It was just recently that the first winner of the Scripps National Spelling Bee died, he must have spent a lot of time with Noah... of course 'G-L-A-D-I-O-L-U-S' might not make it as a final round word these days...
    This card is excellent, Noah looks a little like, 'go ahead, ask me what it means, I dare you...' or perhaps it's more 'oh, like noone has asked me that before...' nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the words the kids have to spell in the National Bee - it's crazy. I wonder how many use those ... it's a good day to revisit Save the Words! http://www.savethewords.org

    ReplyDelete