Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Monday, March 21, 2011

There's a light on...


Okay, so this one is weird and a little scary.  But then again, so was Shel Silverstein - I went back and forth about putting this one in today; but it's what came out when I was creating it so I guess it deserves to be posted.  Every picture of Silverstein I found was pretty odd or a bit intimidating like he dares you to see his childlike side (if you look closely you can see him under the blue paint! I've combined my rendition of one of his poetry books with his photo).  My sister and sons grew up loving these quirky, odd little poems.  Me, not so much, as you can probably tell from this card!

2 comments:

  1. You can add Adriana to his list of quirky poem followers too! I like this, but it kind of creeps me out a little! lol! I like the fact you created him in cartoon over him, very cool idea.
    I have no idea at all how you're finding the time for all of these creations, what's your secret? Sadly for you, all of these fabulous plans I had for Friday haven't been touched since Feb., so scratch that whole only handmade thing 'cause well, I'm having some issues... I do adore you though, maybe Christmas is a little more doable... lol
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's weirdly horrific. Sorry about this one!

    ReplyDelete