Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Saturday, March 5, 2011

How do you define joy?


This is still a work in progress but it seems I was running out of time...
I have been working on this altered book on and off for a year- it's an old book I'm filling with photos I've taken and then I paint/collage them.  This photo was taken on a beautiful day at the New York Botanical Garden.  There was a fabulous Henry Moore sculpture exhibit ( the photo part is half  Moore sculpture, half Marla paint and Maddy imitating art; the grey triangle is also a Henry Moore sculpture) throughout the gardens.  I went with my sister and mother and our girls.  The only word I can think of that truly describes the day we spent there is joy.

3 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful day, what a perfect remembrance of it! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still working on this one...it needs something but I can't figure it out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the hardest parts, having to complete something when you're not quite ready, or the paint's not quite dry, or you can't figure out what it needs... tricky...

    ReplyDelete