Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A little purple today...


While I was looking through my massive amount of paper I've saved over the years (and massive might be too small of a word), I came across some purple tissue that I bought in Chinatown, probably 15 years ago.  I went there with a good friend from NYC and it was the first time I was able to actually poke around and go in and out of the little shops, discovering their treasures.  In one minuscule store, every inch was packed with dragons, and Buddhas, and lanterns, and, much to my pleasure, loads of printed tissue papers.  So, in Thornington fashion (I say  that because I'm fairly certain my sister has the same problem with cool papers that I do!) I purchased much more than I could ever use, and popped it safely away for the next 15 years.  So, as I was rummaging around and found this ancient purple paper, of course the Alice Walker classic, The Color Purple came to mind!

1 comment:

  1. ah purple, what a fabulous colour!
    The flowers are gorgeous, what fun to be able to stick in your thumb and pull out a plum {colored piece of paper}... Everyone should be so lucky! I am still searching for the floor in my room...

    ReplyDelete