Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Sunday, March 20, 2011

#20 The Boats, day 1

It's tax time, and sadly, I haven't finished my year end stuff yet, & it must come first... what a drag... so I'm going to be a little pathetic until I've got it together, hopefully within the next couple of days... should have been done weeks ago, but as always, I start off strong in January, and end up crazily trying to get it all done, usually until days before it's due...


I created this image transfer diptych for a show I did years ago, had it custom framed, and gave it to Ray as a gift. Spent a ton of money of the framing, and from day one, didn't love it. (Not completely sure I even liked it). It hung on our wall for years, and then we moved. Since we've been at our new house, new for only I think 7 years now, we've scarcely hung any of our artwork up while we've been remodeling. From time to time I can't stand it, and hang up something, but this, well it never really stood a chance. So I've decided to alter it.

The before image is one of the worst photos ever, even has my shadow across it... oops... too late to fix it now! So today is part one, I changed the colour of the frame by adding a bunch of layers of paint and dyes and distressed it... doesn't look anything like the photo!

3 comments:

  1. And it looks so much better...did you take that gilding class with mom? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it from the photo, but that's what you get from always taking images in the middle of the night with tungsten light... It's actually a navy blue - *insert laughter here* - maybe I'll make it gold... I did mention it doesn't look anything like the photo!!! silliness...

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) you should have sene me talking photos yesterday - talk about no light! It was gray and snowy outside and I think we have the mostly dimly lit home in the US. Well, that could be a little extreme, but it wasn't easy!

    ReplyDelete