Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It certainly is coming in like a lion...

As we started March 1st, figured I'd go with a lion, for you know, the obvious reason. My husband, Ray asked if I was going to do a lamb at the end of the month, or was that too predictable... I don't know, I replied, it's not the end of the month!

My lion is needle-felted, his mane is this great wool I got, amusingly, Lion brand! which I used up on my next project which you'll see soon. Thankfully, I saved the scraps because I thought it was too fabulous to throw away (okay, I'm like that with most everything, truth be told!), but now I'm desperate for more. Who knew I could needle felt it?

Day 1, check!

PS - The lion's jungle is the material I refinished my chairs in, Marla!! xo

3 comments:

  1. Sarah - that's such a cute lion - I wouldn't be frightened to meet him at all! Love the material, too! Fantastic day one - don't you agree? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! I love this little lion.. I might need a homemade Sarah treasure.. maybe after a few months you'll be able to open up your own etsy shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic day one, yes, sister.

    And Jess, I'm sure you do need a treasure, I've got 363 more days of treasures to create, one of them has your name on it for sure

    xo

    ReplyDelete