Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Tuesday, March 29, 2011

#29 - fish plate

Back before Adriana and the studio, Ray & I used to go skiing a lot... I have this shirt I bought one trip that says, 'Just because I slept with you last night, doesn't mean I have to ski with you today' (still makes me giggle).

That's how I feel about the fish plate, 'just because I made you day 29, doesn't mean I have to keep you all year...'

(I'm so going to run out of switch plates...)

3 comments:

  1. Neat! What's the swirly background? I'm sure you've still got a few rooms to "plate"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the fact you even commented on this one, although on it's behalf, Adriana came out this morning & said, 'oh mom, love the plate, it's awesome!' so that's something.....

    Not sure which swirly bits, the plate is covered with tissue paper, around the photo is just paint which will get another layer now it's dry!!!

    I'd already 'plated' two rooms before the project started, plus I've bought a couple of plates, it'll be that red emergency gas shut-off one soon, (don't tell my hubby)!!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those red emergency plates are soooo ugly - they could stand a little jazzing up!

    ReplyDelete