Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Monday, March 28, 2011

Have you seen Lucy's pocket??

The collage page is also from the same book except it was almost completely unfinished - it only had the girl on a yellow background.  I had stuck her down years ago, but every time I looked at her I couldn't figure out what she should be or do.  Then a nursery rhyme came to mind, a pocket, a ribbon...and yes! one more day down.  Little Lucy Locket came alive (at least on paper).  I think nursery rhymes are being passed down less and less.  I used to add one to each storytime I taught; sure they all knew Humpty Dumpty and Baa Baa Black Sheep, but lovely little ones like Lucy Locket and Polly Put the Kettle On were like singing songs from Mars.  It's sad they seem to have disappeared a bit. That said, I think I'll go put the kettle on.  

3 comments:

  1. She would have worked well as 'Violet, you're turning Violet, Violet...' too! She's great. Well, if nursery rhymes are disappearing, I'll add it to my long list of things to save... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's actually black and white - not violet! Told you I had camera issues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sorry, did I say, Violet? I meant, ummm... let's see who's pale & gorgeous? yeah, yeah, her...

    ReplyDelete