Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hopefully, I'm on the right road.


I remember recommending TC Boyle to my sister; I had just read The Road to Wellville and loved it.  She and I usually adore the same books and she was thrilled because her book club was reading Tortilla Curtain, also by Boyle.  I had read that book too, but I wasn't the first thing I read by him...it's a very intense, sad story.  Poor Sarah, that was her first (and last?) taste of this writer that I can't put down.  Getting this one done was tricky - I worked all day, shopped after work, came home and made dinner for eight, cleared up the kitchen, had little Dade sleep over - I am truly amazed that I got this photographed and on the blog this morning!  Dade is sitting behind me working on a puzzle and singing.  I forget sometimes how delightful the two-year old mind is!

4 comments:

  1. very intense? sad? hmmm... yes, yes, that's how I would describe it... *umm, totally not even close to the psychological pain that book inflicted upon my poor soul*

    This is a nice card for him... Makes me think I'd like him... Perhaps I will give him another try, I did end up enjoying Jodi Picoult...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Picoult & Boyle are a little apples/oranges...I feel better read with Boyle, Picoult is great vacation reading! :) That said, I was on of the first in line for the new Picoult at the library! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my behalf, I wasn't comparing their writing, but the fact that they both had scared me off, and yet her I gave another shot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her latest is a little different - she stayed a little away from her usual "formula" and also added music - a bit much, I think.

    ReplyDelete