Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's really a secret.




This bad light is killing me!  Where is the sun?  I just can't take a decent photo today. This author card is of Frances Hodgson Burnett (yes, that's her with her face accidentally painted over!) beckoning you into her secret garden. When my sister and I were growing up we spent most every summer in England.  Both sets of our grandparents were big on taking picnics to gardens and parks nearby and faraway.  One garden I remember fondly is the one at Hampton Court Palace.  Outside the is a large maze made from hedges - our grandparents used to sit themselves on a park bench with their thermos of tea and let us run wild.  What happy memories those were.  I still love to while away the hours in any garden I go to.

2 comments:

  1. bad light? try photographing at 10pm every night, I need to move to Norway, or somewhere where at least half the year it'll be light still for me then!

    Love the memory, love the book (was actually Adriana's first chapter book), love the garden, love the card, love my sister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up at the crack of dawn every morning - yes, before the sun so I guess it's about the same as 10pm!

    ReplyDelete