Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, March 23, 2011

#23 - for Japan two

Today I: photographed a pre-school for the second day, agreed with my husband that we should go to the doctor for the 3rd time for my daughter's un-relenting cough, went back to work, got the call that she was going to the hospital for a chest x-ray, went to the hospital and calmed her for that chest x-ray (which thank God was fine), went to soccer practice & walked the dog in the snow & sleet (I know...), gave daughter new medicine which didn't agree with her, stayed up with her while she was sick for almost an hour, spilled my gesso all over my pants, my slippers, the carpet... and my life is still way better than it is in parts of Japan today... doesn't even compare... and gosh, if I can find time to create today, what excuse can I possibly find not to?






I find these beautiful whelk shells on my beach, and they're very often not perfect. I always think that they need to be mended and this is my second healed shell... (the first was in a self portrait I created years ago). Like yesterdays project, again it's healing for Japan... has a map of Japan, an old 'dove of peace' Japanese stamp & the words separately, the word 'healing', a plum blossom, and lot's of gesso to fill the tiny holes... Photographed on a couple of photos of beach roses (rosa rugosa) which aren't beach plums as I'd like, but I couldn't find any photos I'd taken of those...

1 comment: