Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Wednesday, March 30, 2011

#30 - now & then pendant

The problem with not starting a project until 9pm every night, is well, yeah, that... like the fish plate, there's not enough time for the layers to dry before you have to call it a wrap, get a photo & pop it online... (I had to keep my fingers crossed that Ray didn't use the downstairs loo before the paint dried - lol)

I keep having to just get something done... which is still good, I'm still doing it, but I tend to reach inside my box rather than outside...


So it's a 'now and then' pendant... of course, this "box" needs to be reached into, because I'm still totally learning how to solder... I'm thrilled that tonight I didn't catch anything on fire, that's a first for me! Must be getting better! But of course, I used copper tape that was not conducting the solder in parts, so I'm not sure what's up with that, just made it a tad lumpy 'round the edges!!!

3 comments:

  1. Just love this - such a terrific idea, from little girl to girl - how fast the time goes (I think I'm still hanging on to the "then" time period...) Your soldering technique is looking good (and I am truly glad you didn't start any fires!) I know about the crazy time this takes - I got home from a meeting at 8:30 last night and sat to create HST - Maddy sat and painted with me and we laughed and chatted so it was a lovely night (we both dragged this morning to catch the bus though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Month one done - can you believe it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you created with Maddy, what a lovely image that is...

    One month, holy cow...

    Hmm? cow... maybe there's an idea... think I've got any photos of cows?

    ReplyDelete