Originally, the idea was this. Two sisters spending one year creating art, or at least creating, every day using only supplies that they already have, get for free, find, or receive...looking to rediscover the artistic selves they've lost somewhere along the way in all the clutter of life... But it didn't fit into life, and so now who knows what you might find?!!















Saturday, March 19, 2011

We're off to see the wizard.

The Wizard of Oz series is one I've never read - like the 'disneyfied' versions of Peter Pan  & Alice in Wonderland that make people assume they know the real story - that's how I am with this story.  So my version of the wicked witch of the west is Margaret Hamilton, and her scratchy voice calling "I'll get you my pretty...and your little dog, too" comes to mind when I think of Oz.  And I'm not sure those lines are even written them same way in the book.  Legend had it that Margaret Hamilton used to live in the little town we grew up in, she was really seen and always keep the lights out of Halloween.  As a child, I couldn't fathom why you'd want to keep your drapes pulled and hide away on Halloween, especially if you're a sort of witch.  Now, I get it. 

2 comments:

  1. & a divine wicked witch is she... I love the yellow brick road going along the top of the card... excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wish my camera picked up the details a little better :(

    ReplyDelete